Influences from people’s social environments have an effect on their beliefs and behaviors, but they may not understand that influence. This assignment asks you to examine different social influences and the effects they may have on offender behavior.
Imagine your team has been asked to create a training on the role of social influences in offender rehabilitation for new support services staff. The intent of this training is to provide a base knowledge of this information so the new support services staff can structure their program delivery with these concepts in mind.
Develop examples of conformity, obedience, group membership, group conflict, and group decision making occurring in a group session for support services to help with offender rehabilitation.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to utilize in the training. Include the following:
- Describe the concepts of conformity, obedience, group membership, group conflict, and group decision making.
- Describe examples of these concepts occurring during support services.
- Explain how the group influenced individual decision making in your examples.
- Describe how social relationships developed or changed because of the group interactions in your examples
- Explain how to navigate address these situations when they may occur.
Include a minimum of three sources.
Include detailed speaker notes for each slide. Do NOT repeat slide information in speaker notes, different with citations.
Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines.
Submit your presentation to the Assignment Files tab.