M6 Assignment 2 Submission
Assignment 2: Analyzing and Interpreting Data
This module taught you about analyzing and interpreting data. In addition, this module taught you how to plan the data collection process and how analyzing data for qualitative research, analyzing data for quantitative research, and analyzing data for mixed methods applied research studies differ. Using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and other scholarly sources, create a data collection and analysis plan. Specifically, discuss the type of applied research study you plan to conduct (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods) and why you selected the data analysis technique.
In the last module, you listed your plan for data collection. After restating the purpose of the study, your data collection methods should have been organized and described by research question. In this module, you will add the analysis portion to your plan following your data collection plan for each research question.
- Assuming that you have collected the data identified in your plan, how will you analyze and interpret the findings?
- Describe the analysis process that will be used for each research question. In some cases, analysis may include more than one method (e.g., descriptive and inferential statistics). Describe the full analysis process anticipated for each research question.
- If any statistical tests are needed to analyze the data of any of your research questions, identify the appropriate test and your rationale for its selection.
- If the data collected produces qualitative findings, describe the analysis process and how you will narrow and interpret the findings so as to answer your research questions.
- Identify the resources and/or software that will be required to analyze your data.
- Use at least two scholarly citations and cite the sources in the body of your work as per APA standards.
- Prepare a reference list.
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (websites ending in .edu or .gov).
- By the due date assigned, save your document as M6_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and submit the document to the Submissions Area.