Assignment 1: Discussion—Feasibility Analysis—Marketing
Tracy, one of your friends, is in the early stages of conducting a feasibility analysis for a small business consulting company. Understanding the target audience and the marketing mix is a mandatory step for achieving success in her new venture. Branding is equally important. In this assignment, you will act as a consultant to Tracy to find the best answers to her problems related to understanding the market and planning and executing the correct marketing strategies.
Respond to the following questions:
- How would you advise Tracy to approach the following topics?
- Market segmentation
- Selection of a target market
- Development of a positioning strategy
- You are familiar with the concept of branding and know that because her company is new, she will have to build a brand from scratch. What needs to be done in this case?
- By the due date assigned,post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts who chose terms different from yours. While responding, address issues brought up in your classmates’ posts and compare them with yours.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Grading Criteria Maximum Points Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions 16 Quality of responses to classmates 12 Frequency of responses to classmates 4 Reference to supporting readings and other materials 4 Language and grammar 4 Total: 40