Assignment 1: Discussion—Very Young, Very Old, and Infirm
A significant number of the poor are the very young, the very old, and the infirm. Because of the limited abilities of these groups, there is an important social need to help these members of society.
Answer the following questions:
- Single parenthood is the number one factor in poverty and affects the very young. What are reasons why single parenthood has increased significantly over the past fifty years?
- How have state and federal budget cuts affected resources targeted for these particular poor?
- What are some specific budget cuts that have happened in your own community that affect these particular poor?
- How do your own observations reflect those found in the current research?
Write your initial response in approximately 200-300 words
JULY 7, 2018, post your response to the Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review the postings of your peers and respond to at least two of them. Consider commenting on the following:
- How do the reasons for poverty given by your peers differ from your own response?
- Are there solutions to these problems that do not depend on government funding?
- How do your own state’s policies and budget cuts differ from your classmates’ experiences?