Paper Writing Assignment
You are charged with writing a 5 FULL page paper on any topic of your own choosing as it relates to the issues of domestic violence and the criminal justice system. Remember…while this is only a 5 page paper, you are still expected to adhere to APA writing style/ format applying in-text citations to your paper, attaching a reference page (bibliography) and researching and utilizing a minimum of 6 different sources in your paper.
Adherence to APA style formatting still applies, even if you utilize the course textbook in your paper.
NOTE: The assignment must be submitted to SAFEASSIGN. Please make sure you have checked for citation errors prior to submission, as a student who plagiarizes will either receive a failing grade on the assignment and/or reporting for academic misconduct.
I would encourage you to utilize your textbook as a source in narrowing down your paper topic.
Please be sure to include the following sub-headed sections in your paper:
- Introduction (1-2 paragraphs) ——–> Up to 5 points
- Thesis Statement (1-2 sentences; typically attaches at the end of the introduction) —–> Up to 3 points
- Brief Historical (2-3 paragraphs) ———> Up to 7 points
- Analysis (5-6 paragraphs) ——–> 30 points
- Conclusion (1 paragraph) ——> 5 points
Total Points: 50 points
NOTE: Up to 3 points deducted for spelling/ grammatical errors AND Up to 3 points deducted for citation errors.
- Double spaced
- Times New Roman (DO NOT USE ANY OTHER FONTS OR YOU WILL LOSE 2 POINTS)
- Use the subheadings
- Use APA formatting
- Make sure that you cite to at minimal, six different sources.
- Stay away from secondary sources, citing only to primary sources.
- Cover Page (this is not included in the page count). Please include the following on your cover:
- Title of Paper
- Course Number and Course Title
- Instructor’s First & Last Name
Do’s & Don’ts
- DO NOT USE FIRST PERSON…STAY IN THIRD PERSON
- DO NOT USE CONJUCTIONS
NOTE: Failure to adhere to these do’s and don’ts could result in an additional 2 point deduction from your overall grade.