Required Textbook: Hess, Orthmann, and Cho, Criminal Investigation, Eleventh Edition (2017). Cengage Learning. ISBN: 978-1-285-86261-3
Criminal Investigation (Spring 2018) – Assignment 3
Each essay is worth up to 5 points each. Assignment 3 must be submitted in Blackboard before . If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me before to complete this assignment.
- Explain the three main elements necessary to establish and prove an assault.
- Describe the “Rule of Thumb” standard that originated in the case of State v. Rhodes (1868) concerning domestic violence.
- Research has attempted to identify factors that predict or precipitate episodes of domestic violence. List and describe some of these predictors.
- Some agencies have adopted a dual arrest policy concerning domestic violence meaning that officers can circumvent the primary aggressor assessment and arrest both parties when injuries to both sides are observed. These policies do not preclude the single arrest of only the primary aggressor if the officer is able to make a primary aggressor determination. Name the factors an officer must consider in making this assessment.
- Johnson (2004) divides elderly financial abuse crimes into two categories. Name and give examples of each category.