Purpose of Assignment
The Week 1 assignment allows students to explore a company they are familiar with and relate this to their own experiences to determine the importance of the mission and vision of a business as well as the influence this may have on their own role. The assignment will also allow the student to explore the effects of a company not having a mission statement.
Resources: Week 1 textbook readings
Choose a company with a mission,vision and preferably, if available, a set of values.This should not be the same company you will choose for the assignments for Weeks 2-5.
Prepare up to a 700-word summary in which you address the following:
- Identify the company’s mission statement.
- Identify the company’s vision statement.
- Values and guiding principles, if available
- Explain what role these have on the way the business operates. Evaluate whether the company’s actions seem to align with their set of values (if included), and their vision and mission statements.
- Examine how the mission and vision of the organization might affect or guide you as an employee or manager in the company.
- Analyze what you think would be the effect if the company did not have a mission statement.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed references.