- Assessment Item 1: Individual Work –
- Business Analysis Essay
- MGMT20144 Assessment Item 1 Echo Link Watch video for more information
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
A business organisation is an individual or group of people that collaborate to achieve certain commercial goals. Some business organisations are formed to earn income for owners. Other business organisations, called nonproﬁts, are formed for public purposes. This is an individual assessment task in which you will examine critical issues related to business and management contexts. The objective is to gain greater understanding of the contextual factors internal and external to a business that impact on a business organisation and its decision making.
- NOTE: “Victorian Taxi and Innovation” is our topic for 2nd
This assignment is a precursor to Assessment Item 2. In Assessment Item 2 you will choose an organisation and a contextual factor from those provided in a list; you must explore the assigned contextual factor in relation to the speciﬁc organisation. PLEASE NOTE you do not choose your own organisation; you MUST choose from the list provided. Prior to discussing the speciﬁc contextual factor of interest in Assessment Item 2, Assessment Item 1 requires you to discuss the assigned business organisation in relation to the following ﬁve topics.
1. Describe the organisational structure of the business.
2. Discuss the external and internal environmental forces that impact the business.
(Pls make sure 2nd and 3rd questions contain swot for internal and pestle for external analysis)
- Analyse the risks that currently confront the business organisation.
4. Describe the business practices decisions that the business should make to enhance organisational performance.(Write Recommendation)
Discuss the most important functions within the business organisation that will assist it to achieve its strategy.
The format of the assessment is an essay of 1500 words (+/-10%), 30 marks.
Assessment Due Date
11:55pm 2nd April, 2018 (AEST)
A marking rubric expanding on the criteria below will be provided on Moodle.
Students are to demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter by:
- Defining key terms and utilising the theories and concepts presented in Topics 1-5 (8 marks).
- Explaining major internal and external contextual factors and how they affect business structures and strategy (8 marks).
- Explaining major internal and external contextual factors and how they affect business decision making (7 marks).
- Demonstrating a breadth and quality of research by using a minimum of 12-16 academic sources (3 marks).
- Correctly using the APA referencing system to cite academic sources in-text and in the reference list (2 marks).
- Correctly using the essay structure and using appropriate conventions of academic writing (2 marks).
American Psychological Association (APA)
These are the minimum requirements. Students should note that satisfactorily meeting the minimum requirements will typically result in the minimum pass grade being awarded. As postgraduate students you are required to engage in research as per the Australia Quality Framework (AQF) guidelines. Two speciﬁc requirements need to be considered. 1. Students need to demonstrate “a body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice, and 2. Students must demonstrate “knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to a ﬁeld of work and/or learning”. Each unit in a postgraduate level course has a number of required weekly readings in terms of academic texts, journals and business publications that represent the appropriate body of knowledge and recent developments referred to by the AQF. In order to demonstrate the ability to engage in appropriate research, students should read and utilise these texts and journals and publications. As postgraduate students you are expected to research beyond this minimum standard through additional texts, journals and studies to demonstrate an ability to engage in independent research.
Your attention is drawn to the University’s stated position on plagiarism. THE WORK OF OTHERS, WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THE ASSIGNMENT MUST BE ATTRIBUTED TO ITS SOURCE (a full list of references must be submitted as part of the assessment).