|Subject Code and Title||MGMT6000 DynamicLeadership|
|Submission||Due Friday,23:59 (AEST/AEDT) end of Module 3|
• Reflect on your own leadership journey to date and identify key events, people and experiences that
have contributed to your leadership development and self-perceptions;
• Increase self-awareness by completing a personality or leadership styles assessment, for example
Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI);
• Obtain feedback from a fellow student on your leadership journey and current challenges;
• Provide mentoring and feedback on leadership to a fellow student on his/her leadership journey and
• Identify the influences of national and organisational cultures on your perceptions of effective
• Develop and apply communication skills for relationship building and mentoring across cultures,
functions and disciplines;
• Apply knowledge from the theories and models of effective leadership to interpret and understand
your reflections and feedback.
How the assessment fits into the subject/course:
The focus on reflexive research methodologies and strategies is a core element of the MBA. This
assessment provides you with opportunities to reflect on your own practice and to mentor another
student to enhance self-awareness and to formulate personal development plans.
Assessment Linkages of Assessment 1 and Assessment 2:
Insights and understandings obtained in Assessment 1 will suggest themes that will be developed
further in preparing a personal development plans in Assessment 2 of the assessment which is due at
the end of the subject.
* Students will work in pairs for this first part of the assessment; partners will be assigned by the
Learning Facilitator. In very unusual circumstances, the facilitator can authorise groups of three.
Each student will provide his or her partner(s) with information on their current organisation, role, key
stakeholders and current leadership challenges, et cetera, as background for the mentoring and feedback
activity. Partners will contact each other, explore each other’s leadership journey and current challenges
and provide mentoring and feedback to each other. Students should consider the influence of national and
organisational cultures and social practices as part of the mentoring and feedback. Other parameters will be
defined by the Learning Facilitator.
Output/Deliverable and parameters of the assessment:
Each student will submit a report consisting of 2000 words which describes the leadership journey, current
strengths and areas for development, a summary of feedback provided by the partner and implications for
future development. You should draw on the literature on leadership models and theories to help interpret
and explain your current leadership. You should also discuss the implications of your cultural and social
background on your leadership.
The emphasis in the first assessment is on your leadership journey to date. The second assessment will build
on the first, with emphasis on preparing a development plan for your future leadership journey.
Resources to be provided:
● A range of e-textbooks and journals is available through online journal databases,
• Increased self-awareness, including personality preferences, leadership style and impact on other
• Knowledge of the major theories and models of leadership and their role in explaining and
developing effective leadership.
• Understanding of reflective practice as a means of research and personal growth.
• Greater understanding of the influence of cultural and social backgrounds on leadership
• Increased skills for mentoring and giving and receiving feedback.
|Fail (0-49)||(50 Pass -64)||(Credit 65-74)||Distinction (75-84)||High(85 Distinction -100)|
structure, poor flow of
ideas, argument lacks
follow the line of
andevidence are presented
in a way that is notalways
clear and logical.
Line of reasoning is often
andevidence are well
presented, mostly clear
flow of ideasand
Line of reasoning is easy to
and evidence are very
presentation is logical,
|Expertly presented; the
presentation is logical,
persuasive, and well
demonstrating a clear flow
of ideasand arguments.
Engages and sustains
audience’sinterest in the
Effective use of diverse
presentation aids, including
|Knowledge of and
|Neglects core elements
Difficulty in identifying own
important to leadershipin
the basis of