Topic: Tape a conversation with some of your friends talking about race, or gender. Examine the talk for indexicality and negotiations regarding race.
analyze a piece of data in a way that you contribute to a larger conversation in the field of race, language and ethnicity..
Your term paper should be a well-written, well-organized analysis in which you consistently address a research question or a set of research questions, or an analytic purpose of some sort. The paper should include the following sections:
Length: 8-10 pages with an appendix of your data
- Introduction (to topic and research question)
- Literature Review(a review of the sources related to your topic and that helped you formulate your topic) – three (2) to four (3) pages; Minimum: 2 outside sources and 2 in class sources; Summarize and relate to your topic
- Subjects and Methodology
- Analysis and Findings: Describe any patterns that you find
- Discussion and Conclusion — two (2) to four (4) pages
- References (include at least five (5) for undergrads
- Transcript or Text
REQUIREMENTS: Page numbers, Title, APA in-text citations, minimum 8 examples