Synthesis Essay Plan Instructions
The Synthesis Essay Plan is not a formal outline. You may include one if you would like, though.
For the Synthesis Essay Plan, you will respond to the following questions:
1. What is the controversy, conflict, or solution that is being evaluated in the article (1-2 sentences)?
2. Identify the author and title of the article. Include the name of the publication as well.
- Provide the author’s main argument (at least 2 complete sentences).
- Provide one point that seems accurate. Explain the reason(s) that this seems accurate in one paragraph in which you include at least one outside source.
- Provide one point that does not seem accurate. Explain the reason(s) that this seems accurate in one paragraph in which you include at least one outside source.
- Use in-text citations as needed.
- Include a Works Cited with at least one MLA citation.
The document that you upload must have the following:
- MLA header
- Title: Synthesis Essay Plan