- Create definitions for the following unit/s terminology:
|Four (4) P’s of Marketing|
Undertake marketing activities
Answer the questions below. Click in the space provided and type your answer.
2.Explain in your own words what you understand the concept of marketing, as it applies to organisations, to mean.
3.List the 4 key stages involved in the marketing process. Include a brief explanation of what each stage involves.
- Outline the concept of the SWOT Analysis.
- List at least FIVE (5) questions that need to be asked when assessing the effectiveness of a marketing activity against previous activities undertaken.
- Why does an organisation need to establish a profile of the market segments that it deals with?
- List 4 typical pricing strategies used in marketing and explain how each could be used when positioning a product or service in the market?
- Outline the TWO (2) types of distribution channels available and provide examples of how each could be used by an organisation to sell its products and services.
- Explain the key reason why organisations need to develop marketing outcomes or objectives.
- Match the marketing outcomes below with each of the organisational types:
|· Increased total number of seats sold||· Increased number of votes|
|· Increased sales||· Increased number of subscribers|
|· Improved brand image||· Increased brand awareness|
|· Increased range of products offered||· Reduced manufacturing costs|
|· Increased number of performances||· Increased shelf space given in-store|
|· Increased number of seats in parliament||· Improved perception of customer service|
|· Increased awareness of venue facilities||· Increased number of distributors stocking the product|
|· Reduced number of customer complaints||· Improved voter awareness|
Student responses must be:
GROUP PROJECTMARKETING REPORT
Assessment Description and Requirements:
This practical Assessment requires the Learners to work in small groups of between 2 and 3 students to undertake marketing activities to promote products and services.
Each group will be required to prepare a Marketing Report based on the group identifying and selecting an Australian made product that could potentially be exported to an international market.
You should refer to the Australian Made website to help in choosing a suitable product. This can be accessed by using the link below:
For the purposes of this assessment you have been allocated a budget of $25K and a timeline of THREE (3) months for which to complete both the marketing activity and promotional activity.
There are two key Sections of the Marketing Report that will need to be developed in order to successfully complete this Assessment. These are:
The first section of the Report needs the student/s to Undertake marketing activities by:
- Researching the marketing practices of the organisation from which they have selected an appropriate product
- Planning and implementing a marketing activity based around the product selected including adherence to budgeted costs and timeframes in a graphical format
- Recording the activities and processes used in the product marketing activity chosen
- Review the effectiveness of the planned marketing activity
The second section of the Report needs the student/s to Promote products and services by:
- Identifying the context for the promotional activities including:
- relevant legislation/regulations
- organisation’s goals, objectives, systems, policies and procedures
- adherence to budgeted costs and timeframes in a graphical format
- marketing needs and, if defined, marketing plans
- objectives of the promotional activities
- Consulting with relevant stakeholders to plan promotional activities to meet objectives, budget and timelines
- Co-ordinating promotional activities including:
- Allocation of personnel, roles and responsibilities
- Sourcing other resources and promotional products as appropriate
- use of networks and relationships
- Analyse feedback and data to evaluate the effectiveness of planning processes and promotional activities and make recommendations on future directions of promotional activities.
GROUP PROJECTMARKETING PRESENTATION
Assessment Description and Requirements:
In the small groups of 2-3 students you have been working with on your Group Project Marketing Report, you are to create and provide a presentation of your Marketing Report using Microsoft PowerPoint or another suitable presentation based computer software program.
The presentation your group creates will need to provide a summary of the findings you have identified from your Marketing report and include the following elements:
- Research regarding the marketing practices of the organisation
- Your plan for the implementationof a marketing activity you have selected including a graphical representation of your adherence to budgeted cost breakdowns and timelines
- Record of the activities and processes you used in the selected marketing activity
- A review of the effectiveness of the selected marketing activity
- An outline of the context of the selected promotional activity including a graphical representation of your adherence budgeted cost breakdowns and timelines
- The methods you used to consultwith relevant stakeholders to plan your selected promotional activity
- How you co-ordinated the promotional activity including allocation of personnel, roles and responsibilities, sourcingof other resources and promotional products and the use of networks and relationships
- An analysis of the feedback and data you collected to evaluate the effectiveness of the planningprocesses and promotional activities
- Recommendations on the future direction of promotional activities
The presentations should be approximately 15-20mins in duration.