Final Project: Contract Type/Flowdowns
Part 1. Determine the Contract Type
You are a Contracting Specialist for the US Air Force. The program office that you are supporting has a requirement for highly specialized support for the operations and defense (i.e., cybersecurity) of the entire “Enterprise Network” (all USAF owned networked computers and servers, including email). The selected Contractor must provide 24x7x365 monitoring and operations services through an array of strategic tasks to ensure the availability and security of the network and remain responsive to the demands of the warfighters. This support will enable the USAF to maintain a tightly integrated, agile, defensible, survivable network capable of supporting highly distributed operations as well as an efficient and effective business enterprise.
- Explain what contract type (FAR Part 16) would you select for this procurement and why?
- Discuss why other contract types were not selected.
NOTE: All submitted work is to be your original work. You may not use any work from another student, the Internet or an online clearinghouse. You are expected to understand the Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism Policy, and know that it is your responsibility to learn about instructor and general academic expectations with regard to proper citation of sources as specified in the APA Publication Manual, 6th Ed. (Students are held accountable for in-text citations and an associated reference list only).
Required Formatting of the Paper:
- This paper should be double spaced, 12-point font, and two to three pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- Title page with your name, the course name, title of paper, the date, and instructor’s name.
- Include reference page.
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. Students need to paraphrase and avoid direct quotes.
- The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings. No other books besides the course eBook can be used. When using a source document, the expectation is that the information is cited and referenced with a page or paragraph number.
- Submit the essay in the Assignment Folder.
Part 2: Determining Flowdowns
You are now a Subcontract Administrator for the Contractor that was awarded the USAF Enterprise Network contract as a result of the solicitation in Part 1 above (disregard any “revolving door” or Procurement Integrity Act implications).
Your company is a large business and has the qualifications to do almost all of the work, but must subcontract out for a small subset of specialized support. Therefore, you are tasked to prepare a draft Subcontract Agreement that must include any necessary flowdowns from the USAF prime contract. Your company has decided that a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) subcontract is appropriate for this subcontract, regardless of the prime contract type. The relevant parts of the prime contract are attached.
- Use this form to complete the flow downs: Form to Complete Flowdowns
- Using the “track changes” feature of Word/Wordperfect (preferred) or handwritten redlines (scanned for submission) identify which, if any, provisions you would not flow down (e.g., delete) and,
- If applicable, identify and discuss how some of those provisions that you would flow down need to be modified.
- Use the “Comments” function [Review>>Comments] to provide rationale for why or why not. You may also write a separate summary of your changes.