You wish to analyze the pedestrian traffic that passes a given store in a major shopping center. You are interested in determining how many shoppers pass by this store, and you would like to classify these shoppers on various relevant dimensions. Any information you secure should be obtainable from observation alone.
- 8a: What other information might you find useful to observe?
- 8b: How would you decide what information to collect?
- 8c: Devise the operational definitions you would need.
- 8d: What would you say in your instructions to the observers you plan to use?
- 8e: How might you sample this shopper traffic?
- Additional question: List any potential ethical issues in the conduct and execution of your research and propose how to address them.