- The MOST serious type of heat stress is __________, which can be fatal if not managed properly.
- Which of the following is the most common type of work-related health problem?
- Gun fire or a major explosion would most likely cause what type of effect?
|Temporary threshold shift|
|Permanent threshold shift|
- Progressive loss of consciousness begins at which of the following core temperatures?
|30 degrees Celsius|
|32 degrees Celsius|
|34 degrees Celsius|
|37 degrees Celsius|
- Your textbook points out that some exposures to energy are beneficial to humans. Which of the following is an explanation for this phenomenon?
|The human body resonates at a certain frequency and is able to heal itself.|
|The majority of the types of radiation are not harmful.|
|Natural radiation emanating from the earth is protective to humans.|
|A dose of a carcinogen below a certain threshold will reduce its cancer incidence rate.|
- Describe how noise and vibration hazards can affect the human body. What are some methods for mitigating these hazards?
Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
- Discuss the effects that extreme temperatures can have on the human body. How can an individual protect himself/herself from these effects?