Option #1: Personality and Motivation – Analyze a Personalit
Demonstrate your understanding of personality and motivation and your critical thinking and writing skills by synthesizing theories of personality and motivation as covered in your textbook readings this week. Include any theories you have discovered in your own personality and motivation research efforts. Base your response to this assignment on the personality of somebody with whom you have direct experience in the workplace—it could be a peer, a manager, a subordinate, or even yourself.
- Describe the person’s personality broadly (either as described by the “Big Five” model, or by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator from Chapter 9 of your textbook).
- Given what you know of the personality under examination, explain which theory or theories of motivation would be most effective for a manager to use when trying to help this individual achieve her or his full potential at work. Describe the process of determination and the theory or theories you eventually recommend, and explain how the manager can use the tenets of that theory or those theories as applied to the person who serves as your case study.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length in addition to the title page and reference page
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Cite a minimum of two scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find scholarly sources!
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which both help to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.