Please write a 2- to 3-page paper about one of your current or former leaders. Someone who is your current or former supervisor who you had a lot of direct experience with. Please do not write about yourself, even if you are a CEO or senior leader.
Review the background materials and think carefully about how the various leadership traits and styles apply to the leader you are writing about. Does anything ring a bell like “that exactly describes my leader!”? After carefully thinking about how the concepts from this module apply to your leader, write a 2- to 3-page paper answering the following questions:
- How would you describe this person’s leadership traits? Explain your reason and refer to specific leadership traits fromTheories and leadership approach (2014) and Avery (2004). [Your answer to this question should be one to two paragraphs in length]
- How would you describe this person’s leadership style? Was it transformational, transactional, autocratic, participative? All of the above, or none? Refer to concepts from Armstrong (2013, Kirimi and Barine (2012) as part of your answer. The Pearson tutorials should help as well. [Your answer to this question should be one to two paragraphs in length]
- How does this leader motivate their employees and communicate their vision? [Your answer to this question should be one paragraph in length]
- Based on any of the background readings, what suggestions do you have for how this leader could improve their effectiveness? [Your answer to this question should be one paragraph in length]
- Answer the assignment questions directly
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the internet, make sure it is from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations.