Below are listed a list of topics. You are required to –
- Select a topic from the list and conduct research (based on literature, at least three recent research papers) and prepare a report with supportive descriptions to post on the forum/blog. (Discuss the topic, challenges, problems, describe the relevant technologies, applications of the technologies, clarify vague areas, research questions… etc.)
- (The length of the report within 1500~2000 words, excluding references):
- Provide references (at least three) using APA referencing system including in text citations.
1. US cryptography export restrictions: past, present, and future.
2. Biometrics for authentication: security and privacy implications.
3. Denial of service and distributed denial of service attacks.
4. Security threats to mobile devices and countermeasures.
5. Security threats in cloud computing and preventive methods.
6. Security threats in smart devices.
7. Wireless Network security and preventive methods.
- Security issues in Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Security and privacy issues in Internet of Things (IoT)
Note that the aim of this task is:
1.to build an understanding and perspective of current hot topics in Information Security; and
2. to build generic skills including, but not limited to:
- a capacity for teamwork and collaboration;
- an ability for critical thinking, analysis and problem solving;
- information technological literacy;
- a capacity for lifelong learning and an appreciation of its necessity.
This assessment item relates to the learning objectives and to demonstrate your understanding of the material in different topics of your subject.
Its also provides an opportunity for you to :
- demonstrate factual knowledge, understanding and application of state-of-art information security;
- demonstrate ability to integrate and apply information from various topics and ;
- apply understanding and knowledge to a practical situation;
- demonstrate ability to work in a team, sharing knowledge.
|Assessable Components||Marking Criteria|
|Provide your published research report on the chosen topic with brief supportive descriptions about the challenges, problems, relevant technologies, applications of the technologies, clarify vague areas and research questions.
Provide references (at least three) using APA referencing system including in text citations.
|Demonstrate an ability to survey the literature, concise summary which are logically structured, integrate and link information into cohesive and coherent piece of analysis and consistently use correct to the selected topic terminologies and sophisticated language.
reference list and in text citations.
The following should be included as requirements in the report structure:
• Executive Summary or Abstract
provide a brief overview, your involvement/contribution, major findings and conclusion
- Table of Content
scope of engagement,
tools used and
summary of findings
Impact in real life etc.
You must cite references to all material you have used as sources for the content of your work
Follow the referencing guidelines for APA 6 as specified in Referencing Guides.
- Glossary (Preferable)
A glossary should assist the reader in understanding any technical terms used in the report. Use a generally accepted source for the definition of the terms and include appropriate references.
• Appendices (Preferable)
You can attach any supporting material such as printouts of particular items of evidence, feedback from your cohort colleagues etc. .
Submit the assignment in ONE word or pdf file on Turnitin. Please do not submit *.zip or *.rar or multiple files.