Describe the main criteria used to classify economies.
- Define reserve currency. Which world currency is the reserve currency? Why?
- Define: indirect finance, direct finance, debt, and equity.
You will select a country not already selected by a classmate. For Part I of the paper, you will gather a number of questions on your chosen country, and for each piece of information you will need to cite the sources used and include a bibliography. The questions are listed in the Content area of the course.
For Part II of the paper, you will answer four questions about your country of choice. For each question you will write a minimum of a two paragraph analysis in narrative form. These questions, along with more detailed instructions for the Research Paper are available in the Content area of the course.
Research Paper Bibliography and Mechanics
Each item for Part I needs to include a citation and a complete bibliography is required. This part of the assignment is worth 4 points. Criteria include credibility and date of the resources along with proper citation and bibliography format.
Part II of the paper is written with headings in narrative form. The writing analysis is worth 10 points. The writing analysis will include: proper use of thesis statements, paragraph and sentence structure. Proper utilization of grammar, including punctuation, spelling, subject, and verb usage will be analyzed. In order to earn all 10 points, the paper should be error free.
- Companies looking for a fast entry with low costs would choose which 3 of the entry methods? Why? Companies looking for a long-term business would choose which two of the entry methods? Why?
- Define business strategy, corporate strategy, and international strategy. Identify the three dimensions of corporate strategy and explain how they differ.
- What advantages does a company gain by filing a patent? Why might a company decide not to file a patent on an intellectual asset
- Define equity financing and debt financing. What is the advantage of equity financing over debt financing? When might a company use debt financing? Name two advantages of raising money on a foreign stock exchange.