Module 3 Assignment 2 Plan for Contracting
As you read in this module’s readings, the consulting contract is a critical component of any consulting job. The contract spells out the scope and deliverables of the project. It is critical that the client and the consultant both understand and agree on the elements within the contract. In this module’s assignment, you will identify steps associated with preparing a consulting contract and discuss how you would manage contract negotiations.
Specifically, you will complete the following:
- List and describe the skills necessary for contracting with a client. Provide examples of how these skills can be beneficial to negotiating a contract.
- Describe the importance of different sections of a contract. Explain the role of each section. Discuss the potential implications of omitting a section.
- Describe the various approaches to drawing up a contract.
- Describe the setting you would choose for your contracting meeting.
- If you were negotiating a consulting contract, discuss the factors that you anticipate will be important in the negotiation. Would you set any ground rules for yourself? Describe and explain.
Your final deliverable will be a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. You should utilize two to three scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Save the deliverable as AU_L7454_M3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- By Wednesday, February 1, 2017, deliver your assignment to the M3 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Listed and described the skills necessary for contracting with a client.||12|
|Described the importance of different sections of a contract. Explain the role of each section.||12|
|Described the various approaches to drawing up a contract.||12|
|Described the setting you would choose for your contracting meeting.||8|
|Discussed the factors that you anticipate will be important in the negotiation when negotiating a consulting contract. Described and explained the ground rules, if any, set for yourself.||8|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||8|