Assignment 3: Phase III – Project Management Roadmap
Due Week 8 and worth 240 points
With the justification of an HRIS solidified, you need to show your client how you will implement the HRIS by providing a project management roadmap, explaining the costs associated with implementation, and discussing metrics that you will use to measure the success of the HR function.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
Project Management Process
- Create a project management plan for your client that outlines how you will implement the HRIS in Gladwell Grocery Stores. Explain the various steps that should be included to ensure that the implementation runs smoothly.
HRIS Cost Justification
- Create a cost benefit analysis matrix for the HRIS vendor you have chosen. Analyze the cost justification strategies that you will use to justify the cost of the HRIS, including data that identify each benefit and cost component examined, estimates of the dollar amount for each, estimates on when the organization will incur each cost and receive each benefit, and documentation justifying each decision you made in listing these benefits.
- Recommend the HR metrics that you believe will bring the most significant value to the HR function that the HRIS will be supporting. Justify your recommendation.
- Use at least (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze HR metrics to support the justification of the cost of an HRIS.
- Create a project management plan and prepare the organization for the implementation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource information systems using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view grading rubric.
Have We Chosen the Right Employee?” Please respond to the following:
- Once an organization has recruited candidates and they are going through the application process, how do they select the right employee? There are a number of tools and assessments that are used in selecting candidates for any given role. Please respond to the following question:
• Out of all the selection assessments presented in the text, choose one (1) that you believe is most effective for selecting a candidate for any given role. List three (3) benefits for that assessment and describe why you believe each benefit would be appropriate for selecting the right employee. Next, give your opinion on the extent to which the use of technology in the selection process adds value to organizations, and provide at least one (1) example to support your answer.