Shelly Cashman PowerPoint 2016 | Modules 1–3: SAM Capstone Project 1a
HI from HOME
ORGANIZING and ENHANCING Media, and animating a PRESENTATION
- Open the file SC_PPT16_CS1-3a_FirstLastNamepptx, available for download from the SAM website.
- Save the file as SC_PPT16_CS1-3a_FirstLastNamepptx by changing the “1” to a “2”.
- If you do not see the .pptx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
- With the file SC_PPT16_CS1-3a_FirstLastNamepptx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in the presenter notes on Slide 1.
- If the presenter notes do not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
- To complete this Project, you will also need to download and save the following support files from the SAM website:
- You are working on a presentation for a new online marketing campaign for HI from HOME, a company that creates and sends custom care packages to students away at college. Begin by formatting Slide 1 (“HI from HOME”) as follows:
- Change the subtitle font color to Aqua, Accent 2, Darker 50% (6th column, 6th row of the Theme Colors palette).
- Change the subtitle font size to 28 pt.
- With Slide 1 still displaying, format the picture by applying the Offset Center effect from the Outer section of the Shadow Picture Effects gallery.
- Slide 2 (“EPIC ENJOYMENT”), format text as follows:
- Left align the title text.
- Use the Format Painter to apply the formatting from the text “A TASTE OF HOME” to the text “Healthy Snacks” and “Just for Fun”.
- With Slide 2 still displaying, resize the picture of the man to a height of 5″. The width will automatically resize to approximately 3″. Then, use Smart Guides to position the picture as shown in Figure 1 below.
Figure 1: Size and Position of the Picture on Slide 2
- With Slide 2 still displaying, insert and modify an audio file as follows:
- Insert the audio file Support_SC_PPT16_CS1-3a_Arrival.mp3, available for download from the SAM website.
- Drag the audio icon to the upper-right corner of the slide.
- Set the audio clip to start playing automatically.
- Rewind the audio clip after playing.
- Hide the audio clip during a slide show.
- On Slide 3 (no title), to create an attention-getting title, insert a WordArt text box as follows:
- Use the Fill – Gold, Accent 3, Sharp Bevel
- Type OUR MISSION in the WordArt text box.
- Apply the Triangle Down Transform text effect from the Warp section.
- Use Smart Guides to position the WordArt at the top of the slide as shown in Figure 2 on the next page.
Figure 2: Position for the WordArt on Slide 3
- Duplicate Slide 3 so it becomes the new Slide 4, and then change title of the new Slide 4 to the following:
- On the new Slide 4 (“Our Values”), replace the item in the bulleted list with the following items:
- On Slide 5 (“OPTIONS”), arrange the title placeholder and paper picture as follows:
- Send the paper picture to the back of the stacking order.
- Group the paper picture and the title placeholder.
- With Slide 5 still displaying, modify the cube shapes as follows:
- Copy one of the cube shapes and paste it on the same slide.
- Change the text in the pasted cube to the following:
- Use Smart Guides to position the “The Shore” cube at the bottom of the second column as shown in Figure 3 on the next page.
Figure 3: Position of the Rectangle Shapes on Slide 5
- On Slide 6 (“HOW IT WORKS”), modify the animation on the title text as follows:
- Change the Start setting to With Previous.
- Change the Duration to 00.
- Change the animation direction to Object Center.
- With Slide 6 still displaying, insert a video as follows:
- Insert the video Support_SC_PPT16_CS1-3a_Notice.mp4, available for download from the SAM website.
- Resize the video to a height of 52″. The width will automatically resize to approximately 2.7″.
- Apply the Simple Frame, Black video style from the Subtle section.
- Set the video to start automatically.
- Set the video to rewind after playing.
- Use Smart Guides to position the video on the smart phone picture as shown in Figure 4 on the next page.
Figure 4: Position of the Video on Slide 6
- On Slide 7 (“FASHIONED FOOD-SPECIFIC”), apply the Float In Entrance animation to the bulleted list in the right content placeholder. [Mac Hint – Float In Moderate animation.]
- With Slide 7 still displaying, create a multilevel bulleted list containing the following text in the content placeholder on the left:
- With Slide 7 still displaying, italicize the words “FOOD-SPECIFIC” in the title placeholder to emphasize them.
- With Slide 7 still displaying, enter the following slide note:
Always prepared with respect and attention to detail.
- On Slide 8 (“SNACKS!”), delete the content placeholder on the right.
- With Slide 8 still displaying, use the Thesaurus to replace the word “confections” in the first bullet with the first synonym beginning with the letter “s”.
- With Slide 8 still displaying, format the slide background as follows:
- Insert the file Support_SC_PPT16_CS1-3a_Crackers.jpg, available for download from the SAM website, as the slide background.
- Change the transparency of the background picture to 65%.
- To keep the presentation brief and focused, delete Slide 9 (“DEALS”).
- After Slide 8, insert a new Slide 9 using the Picture with Caption
- Enter SPECIALS in the title placeholder.
- Enter HifrHome.com in the text placeholder.
- On the new Slide 9 (“SPECIALS”), change the slide layout to Section Header.
- With Slide 9 still displaying, apply the Pulse Emphasis animation to the text placeholder on the right. [Mac Hint – Pulse Subtle animation from Emphasis Effects.]
- With Slide 9 still displaying, move the slide so it becomes the last slide in the presentation.
- On the new Slide 9 (“NEW!”), change the font of the title text to Constantia.
- With Slide 9 still displaying, format the picture of the cookie ingredients as follows:
- Add a picture border using a 6 pt.
- Change the color of the picture border to Brown, Text 2, Darker 50% (4th column, 6th row of the Theme Colors palette).
- With Slide 9 still displaying, insert a shape to the right of the “NEW!” title text as follows:
- Insert a 5-Point Star shape from the Stars and Banners section.
- Apply the Intense Effect – Aqua, Accent 2 shape style.
- Resize the star to a height of 55″ and a width of 0.55″.
- Use Smart Guides to position the star shape as shown in Figure 5 on the next page.
Figure 5: Position of the Star Shape on Slide 9
- Apply the Split transition with a duration of 00 seconds to all slides in the presentation.
- To impart a stronger marketing association, find each instance of the word “personalized” and replace it with the word custom. (Hint: Do not include the period. You should make two replacements in the presentation.)
- Check the Spelling in the presentation to identify and correct any spelling errors. (Hint: You should find and correct at least two spelling errors. Ignore proper nouns and abbreviations such as “fr”.)
In Slide Sorter view, your presentation should look like the Final Figure on the following page. Save your changes, close the presentation, and then exit PowerPoint. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.
|© Syda Productions/Shutterstock.com; © Vladimir Shulenin/Shutterstock.com; © SouthernLightStudios/iStockphoto.com|