It is required to research and collect data and information regarding an RFID system that can be integrated into a specific business process to solve a problem in their individual industry, career or field of study. The paper does not require the researcher/author to include a significant amount of technical data about the system, but rather information about the business justification, planning, purchasing, installing, and maintaining of the system. The paper should include: Cover Page, Abstract, Table of Contents, Main Body, References and Attachments.
- An Introduction– specific description of the business problem that the RFID system will be used to improve or enhance.
- An overview of the chosen RFID system including:
- Basics of the RFID components that were chosen.
- Any advances in RFID that are used in the system.
- Any Industry Standards that are used in the system.
- Business Justification – Business Process Integration (BPI).
- Benefits and/or disadvantages of the RFID system.
- Planning, purchasing/installing the system.
- Security concerns or practices associated with the RFID system (Privacy/Middleware/Information Safekeeping/Data Access, Transition & Operations, Authentication, and Authorization – user ID password.
- Impact of implementation – A description of administrative procedures – human and process changes; any changes in Organization policies or enhancements to include training requirements.
- Maintenance of the system – Information layer, storage, decoupling (field mx).
- Appendices (Documentation could include: business case, project plan, etc.
In this research paper and students are encouraged to look both inside and outside the box for gaining knowledge about RFID. Much of the information gathered will be through research and should be documented appropriately.
Students will prepare a 5- 10 minute PowerPoint presentation that discusses the industry challenge, the business case and specifics about the RFID system selected or recommended. Students will include detailed speaking notes along with the PowerPoint slides as if they were actually presenting the material in front of the class.