CAGE Analysis Assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a cultural, administrative, geographical and economic
analysis comparing the USA to two other countries.
The Situation: You work for BocaCoffeBeans a US company based in Boca Raton, FL which sells
freshly roasted coffee exclusively through a website (similar to http://www.bocajava.com). Your boss
has requested you conduct a CAGE analysis to compare/contrast any two countries to USA. The
purpose of this analysis is to provide a recommendation as to which of these two countries should
the company further consider for initial market expansion in the hopes of opening a coffee store.
1. Select any two countries of your choice except China or India as those will be discussed in class
as an example. Perform two CAGE analysis of each country-pair – that is, country A to USA, and
Country B to USA.
2. Write an essay discussing your analysis from step one in a manner consistent with the CAGE
framework as studied in class. In addition you are to make a recommendation for the company
based on the analysis and the type of industry the firm is in that you selected.
Basic guidelines: Your paper must have:
• Two filled out tables similar to table one below and the one from PowerPoint presentation of
• Two or three paragraphs about cultural distances between USA and each country.
• Two or three paragraphs about distances between USA and each country.
• Two or three paragraphs about geographic distances between USA and each country.
• Two or three paragraphs about economic distances between USA and each country.
• Executive Recommendation (4-5 paragraphs explaining which country you would recommend
considering your findings above and the type of industry BocaCoffeeBeans is in)
Requirements: APA style, between 1200-1500 words.
Country A versus Country B from the perspective of U.S. companies
|Country A||USA||Country B|
Regional Trading Bloc:
Type of Government:
|Physical Distance from US
Environmental issues :
|ECONOMIC||Economic system: GDP
PPP/ per C. / growth
Ease of doing business
|Grading Criteria – Percentage of Grade|
|Style and Format / 15%
Formatting requirements adherence. Word
count, citations, references, grammar,
syntax, spelling, punctuation, headings,
cover page. Quality of sources.
|Readability / 15%
Paper fluidity. Paragraph transition.
Coherence. Clarity of prose.
|Depth of Content / 70%
Coverage and explanation of components