Prepare a written analysis of the impact of the 4th, 5th, 6th 8th and the 14th Amendments to the US Constitution in processing offenders through the criminal justice system. Explain the concept of due process as applied to the U.S. Constitution.
- What due process rights are contained in the US Constitution? Give examples.
- What is procedural due process and why does it exist?
- Do you think any of these rights should be revoked at any time? Which ones?
- What made you choose those?
- To what extent does procedural due process hinder or strengthen the criminal justice system?