The cognitive perspective and social psychology
- Describe the cognitive perspectives starting point and the key concepts in perspective.
- Describe the social psychologies point of view, some social psychological concepts and some classic experiments within it.
- Discuss and evaluate
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the cognitive perspective.
- Discuss what kind of strengths and weaknesses the social psychological perspective have.
- Analyze and discuss
The task below is based on the movie “Die Welle” http://www.veoh.com/watch/v96129967qfXzrsq8
- Explain by using concepts from the cognitive and social psychological perspective- why the adolescents in the movie are drawn into “Die Welle”.
- Discuss also if the film has given a fair idea of how people work in social contexts. In your discussion, you should support in what you come up with in the social psychological experiments.
NOTE: Beware that you need to avoid repeat the explanation of concepts and experiments that you gave in answer 1 and 2 when doing so!