TFD 635: THE DEVELOPMENT OFAFRICAN PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
Rationale for the development of African philosophy of education. A review of the progress in the development of African philosophy of education. Essential features worthy of consideration in the attempt to develop a more meaningful and relevant philosophy of African education. The ideals of African education as set forth by selected African theorists incorporating Beale Horton, James Johnson, Edward Wilmot Blyden, Henry Carr, Julius K. Nyerere, and Gabriel K. Osei. Formulation of a more meaningful African philosophy of education.
Choose any one of the following topics and write a documented term paper on it. The paper length should not be less than 3000 words, including references. Use APA referencing style, which you can download from the Internet.
Term Paper Topics
- Philosophy of education in Africa
- African political leaders and philosophy of education
- African educationalists and philosophy of education
- Pitfalls in African philosophy of education
- African philosophy of education and the contemporary world.