Essay Topic: Presidential Hall of Fame
Be sure to follow all formatting guidelines provided in the syllabus. Your final work product must have a cover page with a word count, an essay that is 3-4 pages in length and a works cited page. The minimum writing requirement expectation is two full pages in your own words (excluding citations) and the minimum research requirement is 2-3 peer-reviewed academic journal articles (scholarly sources). If either of the minimum expectations are not met, the assignment will be marked incomplete. Be sure to provide a proper citation in MLA or APA format for all works consulted on a separate works cited page and in the body of the essay.
Your task is to create a Hall of Fame for the Presidents of the United States (POTUS). You may examine any of the 43 Presidents so far in US history. However, it is too early to judge anyone that ahs served in the past 10 years, so I suggest they should be excluded from consideration. You will then identify your five favorite Presidents and make a case for the single greatest of all time.
- On your cover page, provide a simple list of your favorite US Presidents in descending order from fifth favorite to most favorite (example: 5à1). Do not discuss each person, simply list them in reverse numerical rank.
- The next step is to provide a compelling argument that explains the rational for your top selection only. Again, your essay is to only discuss the one President you feel is the greatest of all time.
- The justification must be based on an evaluation of that President’s initiatives, policies (domestic and/or foreign), leadership, vision, etc.
- You are expected to utilize at least three different sources and properly document those sources in a formal bibliography (MLA or APA format).
- All fact based information that is presented in your paper and based on research is to be properly cited. If you use a direct quote, you must provide the author and the page number. If you quote a presidential address, there are special rules of citation you are expected to employ.
- If there is one great lesson we could learn from this President, how would you apply it to modern America?