• From the devices and systems identified in the GFI Corporate Network Topology, conduct a thorough asset inventory, assign monetary values to each asset (quantitative), and assign a priority value for each asset (qualitative) that could be used to determine which assets are most critical for restoral in the event of a catastrophic event or attack.
• Evaluate the perimeter security, make a list of access points internal and external (remote), identify vulnerabilities and make suggestions for improvements to perimeter and network security.
• Evaluate the remote access infrastructure, identify vulnerabilities and suggest security improvements to mitigate risks to remote access.
• Address the COO’s concern over the mobility security and design a secure mobile computing (smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) in terms of authentication technologies and data protection.
• Identify wireless vulnerabilities and recommend what safeguards, authentication technologies,and network security to protect data should be implemented.
• Evaluate the authentication protocols and methodologies within the wired, wireless, mobility and remote access environments and suggest improvements to secure authentication forGFI.
• Evaluate the web system protocols and vulnerabilities within the Intranet server and suggest secure protocol improvements to improve security for web authentication.
• Design a cloud computing environment for the company with a secure means of data protection at rest, in motion and in process.
• Assess all known vulnerabilities on each asset in this environment and impacts if compromised.
• Using the asset inventory and the assigned values (monetary and priority) conduct a quantitative and qualitative risk assessment of the GFI network.
• Recommend risk mitigation procedures commensurate with the asset values from your asset inventory. Feel free to redesign the corporate infrastructure and use any combination of technologies to harden the authentication processes and network securitymeasures.
• Provide an Executive Summary.
• You are welcome to make assumptions for any unknown facts as long as you support your assumptions.
• The Title Page, Table of Contents and References page(s) don’t count in your 15 page minimum!!!
GLOBAL FINANCE, INC. (GFI)