Referencing the Ockham Technologies: Living on the Razor’s Edge case study, write a 5–7 page paper in which you do the following:
- Determine the best funding alternative for Ockham Technologies and how it will affect the formation of the Board of Directors (look at Resource Dependency Theory to understand how to select members for a Board of Directors/Advisors)
- Discuss how you would handle the increasing tension between you and Mike Meisenheimer if you were Jim Triandiflou.
- Determine if Ockham should outsource its system-development efforts, and if so, to which company, and if not, how it should it complete development of the system for IBM.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow JWMI style guide and writing format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The following are specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment:
- Synthesize the basic components of a business plan.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape, sales, and distribution channels for new business ventures.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in new business ventures and entrepreneurship.
- Write clearly and concisely about new business ventures and entrepreneurship using proper writing mechanics.